Front and center in dozens of dishes from multiple regions of the world, Basil has been used for centuries as a delicious herb and more. Young Living offers Basil Vitality essential oil as a convenient way to access this well-loved seasoning whenever you like. Using an essential oil in place of a dried herb gives a brighter flavor, as well as the added convenience of year-round availability.
Young Living’s Basil Vitality oil has a sweet, slightly peppery flavor and is a delicious addition to savory dishes such as sauces, breads, soups, chicken, or seafood. This oil packs a very potent punch, as it is steam distilled from the leaves, stems, and flowers of the plant. We recommend starting with less than a single drop by dipping a toothpick in the oil and swirling the toothpick in your preparation. When baking, marinating, or dressing a salad, add Basil to the liquids before combining with other ingredients to ensure even distribution.
We hope you enjoy some of these uses for basil below and share your favorites with us as well.
• Flavor your favorite pasta sauce recipes with Basil Vitality. Add Rosemary Vitality™ or Oregano Vitality™ for even more flavor.
• Try a refreshing summer beverage by adding Basil Vitality to your favorite strawberry lemonade recipe.
• Add to deli salads, Asian-inspired dishes, or Italian-inspired soups.
• Create custom salad dressings or vinaigrettes to share with family and friends.
• Boil pasta noodles in Basil Vitality-infused water for a subtle flavor.
• Pair with lime juice and melons, such as watermelon and cantaloupe, for a fresh summer treat. For a more complex flavor profile, garnish with feta.
• Mix with a mild tea, such as chamomile. Add a dash of honey to sweeten the experience.
• Whisk olive oil, red wine vinegar, and kosher salt together; swirl it with a tooth pick dipped in Basil Vitality and then Oregano Vitality; and pour mixture over sliced tomatoes and cucumbers. Chill and enjoy.
What are your favorite ways to use Basil Vitality? Comment below! You still have
time to get this essential oil for free this month!
Leslie YL Haley Jensen Young Living Haley Zitting Chad Goodman YL Brittany Jacobson YL Carla Belliard YL
Leave a Reply.