Send your taste buds on a trip south of the border with this exciting twist on a classic recipe. Pure Vitality™ essential oils add a hint of flavor and spice to help take your enchiladas to the next level. Simple, filling, and delicious, this is bound to become a weeknight staple.
Green chile enchilada sauce:
• 2 tablespoons oil
• ½ cup onion, finely chopped
• 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
• 3 tablespoons Gary’s True Grit™ Einkorn Flour
• ¼ teaspoon cumin
• 1½ cups vegetable broth
• 1 cup Anaheim or poblano chiles, roasted and peeled; or 1 cup canned diced green chiles, rinsed and drained
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 medium jalapeno, finely diced (optional)
• 1 drop Black Pepper Vitality essential oil
• 1 drop Oregano Vitality essential oil
• 1 drop Lime Vitality essential oil
• Salt to taste
• ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic, and cover.
3. Cook until onions are soft but not brown (about 5-6 minutes), stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in flour, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Clumping is okay.
5. Slowly add broth, whisking constantly to smooth out any lumps.
6. Add cumin, chiles, salt, and jalapeno, and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sauce should coat spoon but still drip off.
8. Remove from heat, and stir in Vitality oils.
9. Add additional salt to taste if needed.
10. For a smoother consistency, blend sauce in a food processor or blender.
11. Add to your favorite enchiladas!
Try these simple, delicious, Vitality oil infused recipes you can pack in your kids’ lunchboxes! A win for you because they’re simple and healthy. A win for your kids because they are delicious!
- 1 mashed banana
- Strawberries, thinly sliced
- Tortilla of your choice (a homemade Einkorn tortilla is a great option!)
-1 to 2 TBS almond butter
- Citrus Vitality oils of your choice (Orange, Lemon, Lime, or Grapefruit)
Mix 2-3 drops of your choice of Vitality oils in the mashed banana. Spread almond butter and the mashed banana over the tortilla, place the sliced strawberries on top, roll the tortilla and cut in rounds.
Kid approved parfait:
- Organic plain Greek yogurt
- Fresh berries (if using strawberries, make sure to slice them)
- Dried Wolfberries
- Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Granola or Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Flakes
- Citrus Vitality oils of your choice (Orange, Lemon, Lime, or Grapefruit)
Mix 2-3 drops of your favorite Vitality oil (we love this one with Orange Vitality) in the yogurt. Then layer the yogurt, fruit, and the dried wolfberries in a container. Pack some of Einkorn Granola or Einkorn Flakes (or both!) in a separate small container so that your children can enjoy their crunchy texture as they are eating them at lunch time.
- If you want a fun twist to this recipe, feel free to mix in some Ningxia Red in the yogurt before layering the parfait. This will add benefits to the recipe as well as a delicious, tangy flavor!
- Pack a sachet of MightyPro probiotic complex in your kids’ lunchbox and teach your child to pour the content in the parfait before eating!
Savory and Sweet Kabobs:
- Lean meat of your choice (such as cooked chicken or turkey breast – skip for a vegetarian option)
- Cubed vegetables (cucumbers, zucchini, mushrooms, beets, or sweet peppers are great options!)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Organic cubed cheese
- Black Pepper and Lemon Vitality oils
- Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Olive oil
Make a mixture with the olive oil, salt, and 1 drop of each of the Vitality oils. Drizzle the mixture over the vegetables and toss until they’re all coated. Alternate the vegetables, meat and cheese on a wooden skewer.
- Cubed fruits (mangoes, peaches, and cantaloupes are great options)
Alternate fruits in a wooden skewer for a naturally sweet treat!
We know these recipes will be a hit at home because they are simple and taste amazing!
Lunch box packing tips:
• When you are packing the lunches, make sure to add a packet of Ningxia Red (kids love to drink these with a straw!)
• Try a Wolfberry Crisp bars for a healthy, sweet treat.
• Balance out their meal by offering extra veggies when you pack a sweeter meal and pack extra fruits when you send them a more savory dish for lunch.
Did you know that you can use essential oils internally? Young Living’s line of Vitality oils are specifically labeled for internal use. You can use the Vitality line in your cooking, to flavor your favorite beverages, create your own veggie capsules, and support many different body systems. Vitality essential oils are a great way to keep yourself healthy!
Essential oils can add a delicious kick of flavor to your favorite recipes:
• Try adding a drop of lime to fresh salsa or to your favorite Mexican-inspired marinade
• Add Lemon Vitality to grilled fish or lean protein of choice
• Peppermint Vitality adds the perfect amount flavor to hot cocoa or brownies
• Basil and Oregano Vitality make a great addition to homemade pasta sauce or cauliflower crust https://www.youngliving.com/blog/serious-veggie-pizza-cauliflower-pizza-crust-recipe/
• Flavor your favorite drinks with Citrus Fresh and Lemon Vitality essential oil.
• Make your Apply Cider Vinegar shots more appetizing with Peppermint or Grapefruit Vitality
• Infuse your Wassail with Cinnamon and Nutmeg Vitality https://www.youngliving.com/blog/recipe-young-living-holiday-wassail/
The Young Living blog has lots of fun and creative ways to cook with your essential oils, check them out here: https://www.youngliving.com/blog/
Remember essential oils are potent, one drop goes a LONG way when cooking. Try dipping a toothpick in your bottle, swirl the toothpick in your dish, and then slowly add more oil to taste.
If adding oils to a drink, be sure to use a glass or stainless-steel bottle because oils will eat away plastic. Use caution when using an oil on any soft, plastic surface.
What systems can Vitality oils support?
• Use Thieves Vitality to support your immune system.
• Ingest DiGize Vitality to support a healthy digestive system.
• Take Grapefruit Vitality as a dietary supplement to support your weight management program.
• SclarEssence™ Vitality can be used for mild mood changes and cramps associated with the menstrual cycle.*
• Lemon Vitality has antioxidant properties and provides immune and circulatory support.*
• German Chamomile Vitality provides mood support and can help calm occasional nervous tension.*
• Nutmeg Vitality supports cognitive function.*
• Peppermint Vitality supports normal digestion.*
What’s your favorite way to use Vitality oils?
Tag a friend who wants to learn more about using essential oils internally!
Try freezing your Ningxia Red in popsicle molds for an energizing and refreshing treat this summer! You can also try blending NingXia with fruit before freezing for an extra superfood boost.
NingXia Red energizes, fortifies, and replenishes the body and mind with a proprietary blend of pure essential oils and wolfberry, a known provider of antioxidants. Other vitamin-rich superfruits in NingXia Red supply the body with vital antioxidants and phytonutrients for a whole-body nutrient infusion, while helping prevent oxidative stress.
NingXia Red not only tastes amazing, but it supports overall health, contains powerful ingredients that are involved in many natural antioxidant processes, and supports normal eye health.
One cup of NXR contains (based on antioxidant value and juice concentrate reconstitution) is equal to approximately:
•4 cups of purple grapes
•1 cup of wolfberries
•5 whole cherries
•½ cup blueberries
•75 pomegranate arils
•¼ cup aronia berries
What’s your favorite way to drink NingXia?!
A hydrating splash of essential oil-infused goodness, NingXia Zyng™ uses the same whole-fruit wolfberry puree found in our popular superfruit supplement, NingXia Red®. We add sparkling water, pear and blackberry juices, and a hint of Lime and Black Pepper essential oils for a dynamic, unique taste. You’ll enjoy a refreshing boost that’s full of flavor without artificial flavors and preservatives.
With natural flavors and sweeteners, white tea extract, and added vitamins, NingXia Zyng delivers 35 mg of naturally occurring caffeine and only 35 calories per can, making it a sweet, guilt-free boost for your early morning, long afternoon, or anytime you need a little Zyng!
Each case includes 12 8.4-oz. (250-ml) cans.
NingXia Zyng Uses:
Pineapple Ginger Lemonade Popsicles
Prep Time: 5 minutes, plus freezing time
12 oz. fresh pineapple, chopped
· ½ cup fresh lemon juice
· ½ cup filtered water
· ¼ cup raw honey
· ½-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
2 drops Ginger Vitality
4 drops Lemon Vitality
Combine the pineapple, lemon juice, water, honey, and grated ginger in a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Stir in Ginger Vitality oil and Lemon Vitality oil. Transfer mixture to popsicle molds and freeze until firm.
"Squeeze" the day with this refreshing drink recipe! 🍋
Combine the juice from 6 lemons and 1 lime, 1/2 cup honey, and 2 drops Lavender Vitality in a large glass pitcher. Add water to taste. Stir until well mixed. Garnish with sprigs of lavender.