chicken enchiladas with green sauce
Send your taste buds on a trip south of the border with this exciting twist on a classic recipe. Pure Vitality™ essential oils add a hint of flavor and spice to help take your enchiladas to the next level. Simple, filling, and delicious, this is bound to become a weeknight staple.
Green chile enchilada sauce:
• 2 tablespoons oil
• ½ cup onion, finely chopped
• 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
• 3 tablespoons Gary’s True Grit™ Einkorn Flour
• ¼ teaspoon cumin
• 1½ cups vegetable broth
• 1 cup Anaheim or poblano chiles, roasted and peeled; or 1 cup canned diced green chiles, rinsed and drained
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 medium jalapeno, finely diced (optional)
• 1 drop Black Pepper Vitality essential oil
• 1 drop Oregano Vitality essential oil
• 1 drop Lime Vitality essential oil
• Salt to taste
• ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic, and cover.
3. Cook until onions are soft but not brown (about 5-6 minutes), stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in flour, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Clumping is okay.
5. Slowly add broth, whisking constantly to smooth out any lumps.
6. Add cumin, chiles, salt, and jalapeno, and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sauce should coat spoon but still drip off.
8. Remove from heat, and stir in Vitality oils.
9. Add additional salt to taste if needed.
10. For a smoother consistency, blend sauce in a food processor or blender.
11. Add to your favorite enchiladas!
Leave a Reply.