10 ways to detox daily! Some helpful tips after a Holiday weekend!
Your environment has huge impact on your health. Everything from the products you put on your body to the food you eat, the quality of the air you breathe, and the water you drink can contribute to toxin and chemical overload. How do you combat the toxin overload? Detoxing and cleansing! Cleansing your body of toxins periodically can help counteract some of this onslaught of damage, but what makes the biggest difference in your health is the healthy, detoxing practices you can do every day. Cleansing a few times year won’t make as much of an impact on your health if you fall back into an unhealthy lifestyle each time.
1. Drink water. When you drink enough water throughout the day, you are feeding the tissues and cells in your body, which gets the enzymatic system moving and actually releases fat toxins from the body.
Staying hydrated is one of the most important things you can do for your body. It helps you regularly flush out toxins, keep your skin healthy, and sleep better; and you might even notice that headaches, muscle cramping, and digestive issues improve as well! Staying hydrated also encourages proper metabolic function. Your body is up to 60 percent water and needs water to function at its best. Being dehydrated prevents your metabolism from running at peak capacity. That’s definitely not good when you’re trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy one.
You should aim to drink at least half of your body weight in ounces each day. So if you weigh 160 pounds, you should aim to drink about 80 ounces (10 cups) of water each day at minimum.
If you just can’t bring yourself to drink plain water all day long, try some Vitality™ essential oil-infused water to make it easier. Check out what some of these popular Vitality oils offer.
• Immune support
• Circulatory support
• Cleansing properties
• Antioxidant properties
• Weight management
• Lymphatic and circulatory system support
• Overall wellness support
• Healthy circulatory system maintenance
• Healthy immune function
• Oral health and hygiene support
• Overall well-being support
2. Drink morning smoothies. Do you want to eat a lot of fruits and veggies, but don’t have the time? Smoothies are one of the best ways to pack a large amount of nutrients into a delicious drink. Unlike juicing, you retain the fiber from the produce that you use. Note: Be careful not to add too many fruits to your smoothie; although fruits are full of vitamins, they do contain natural sugars. Try to get 3:1 ratio of veggies to fruit.
3. Get sweaty! Your skin is your largest organ and is another major mode of elimination. Sweating can actually release toxins from the body! Most people do not sweat on a regular basis.
Repeated use of a sauna slowly restores skin elimination, which can help reduce your toxic load quite significantly. Infrared saunas are another great detox tool. They heat your tissues several inches deep, which can enhance your natural metabolic processes. They also enhance circulation and help oxygenate your tissues.
Exercise is a fun way to sweat and release toxins from the body. Regular exercise gets the blood flowing and is essential for a healthy metabolism. Exercise also naturally detoxes your lymphatic system. Moving and jumping releases toxins as you force the lymph to pump the toxins out.
People who exercise tend to have better moods and more energy than people who don't. Regular exercise will also lower your risks for many health problems! AminoWise™, PowerGize™, and NingXia Nitro® are our favorite workout companions.
4. Poop more. People are ideally supposed to have one or two bowel movements a day, but many people go two or three days between eliminations. The normal pathway for toxins to move out of the body is through the liver, which converts harmful chemicals into water-soluble molecules that can be flushed out in the urine or feces. If there's a delay in elimination, those toxins remain in your system longer.
Americans tend to have bad diets that lead to constipation. One of the easiest ways to eliminate toxins more efficiently is to change your diet! Eat more organic fruit and vegetables and unhybridized grains like einkorn, and eliminate or decrease your intake of processed and inflammatory foods.
5. Dry brush. Dry skin brushing helps detoxify by helping to improve circulation and promote lymphatic drainage. It helps to exfoliate the skin and unclog dry pores. Gently brush in a circular motion, starting with your feet, and brush toward the heart. This will improve blood flow to the heart and stimulate the nervous system. Try dry brushing before you get in the shower and massage some Cel-Lite Magic™ massage oil on after!
6. Increase your antioxidant intake. Toxins can cause free radical damage in your body—this means cellular damage, premature aging, and illness. Antioxidants help combat the negative effects of free radicals! Antioxidants are found in high amounts in blueberries, cherries, spinach, wolfberries, and other produce.
If you remember nothing else, just remember to eat more fresh produce! Another way to help fortify, replenish, and revitalize your body is with NingXia Red®! One cup of NXR contains the equivalent antioxidants of approximately the following (based on antioxidant value and juice concentrate reconstitution):
•4 cups of purple grapes
•1 cup of wolfberries
•5 whole cherries
•½ cup of blueberries
•75 pomegranate arils
•¼ cup aronia berries
7. Sleep like you mean it. Sleep is essential to a healthy, functioning body. It’s when we reset our brain, repair cells, and flush out toxins from our liver and kidneys. There’s a reason you have to pee first thing in the morning! Waking up well-rested will also encourage you to eat healthier, be more active, and have a better mood. The amygdala, the emotional center of the brain, is 60 percent more reactive without quality sleep, so you are more likely to have mood swings or volatile responses to daily interactions with inadequate sleep. Try creating a bedtime routine to encourage deeper sleep. Essential oils like Valerian, Peace & Calming, Lavender, Cedarwood, and RutaVaLa™ are great to apply before bedtime, diffuse, or add to your bath to help you relax and unwind.
8. Take probiotics. Probiotics are healthy bacteria that regulate and restore your intestines’ natural balance. Over 70 percent of your immune system is in your gut! Studies have shown that probiotics can help rid the body of heavy metals, free radicals, and dangerous bacteria. Probiotics promote healthy digestion, support gut health and a healthy immune system, and help maintain normal intestinal function. Young Living’s Life 9 has over 9 billion cultures to help infuse the gut with healthy bacteria.
9. Unwind in an Epsom salt bath. Epsom salt detoxifies the liver and provides your body with magnesium and sulfate, which are both essential minerals for detoxification. Magnesium is also absorbed very well through the skin. Soaking for 30 minutes in an epsom salt bath is a wonderful way to detoxify the body and relax the soul. Add 1/4 cup of Epsom salt and a few drops of your favorite calming essential oil to a warm bath.
10. Swish some oil. Oil pulling has been a common detoxification practice for centuries! Oil pulling is the practice of swishing coconut oil around in your mouth for 15-20 minutes on a regular basis. Studies have shown that oil pulling can prevent plaque, gingivitis, and bacteria that can cause bad breath, among many other things.
How does oil pulling work? It is pretty simple! Most microorganisms in your mouth have cells that are covered with a fatty membrane. When these cells come into contact with the coconut oil, which is also a fat, they naturally stick to it. When you swish the coconut oil around in your mouth, it draws the microorganisms from all the corners, between your teeth, and under your tongue. The bacteria then get swept away when you spit out the coconut oil!
You may think that oil pulling is a new trend, but it has been used for more than 3,000 years!
Try adding a drop of Clove or Orange Vitality for additional benefits!