6 best oils for your skin
The 6 best oils to cleanse your skin.
We’ve shared the superpowers of our most popular oils; it’s time to add “cleanses the skin” to the list! Why is that a superpower? Certain essential oils have skin-cleansing properties that can help reduce the appearance of blemishes and improve the appearance of healthy- and even-looking skin, no matter the skin type. We consider that a serious superpower!
We know it sounds absurd that oils can help cleanse delicate facial skin—we usually shy away from any product that might make our skin oily. How can essential oils work as skin cleansers? Can they really cleanse and promote the appearance of healthy-looking skin? And while we’re at it, can you put essential oils directly on your skin? The answer to all these questions is a resounding YES!
How to harness the cleansing power of essential oils
Adding essential oils to your skin care routine is easier than you think! Here are a handful of ways you can use our six skin-cleansing favorites.
1. Tea Tree Tea Tree is a true multitasker—it moisturizes as it cleanses! The purifying properties of this essential oil make it one of our top picks, especially for those who have oily or blemish-prone skin. Speaking of blemishes, try applying 1 drop to a cotton swab and use it as a spot treatment to help reduce the appearance of bothersome blemishes!
BTW, it’s in this product: Maximum Strength Acne Treatment
2. Geranium Want to know the secret to beautiful, glowing skin? Geranium essential oil. A secret no longer, you can “go for the glow” at home by adding a few drops of this potent oil to your current skin care routine. You’ll find it harder to spot those uneven areas but easier to see healthier, radiant-looking skin!
3. Frankincense No skin care list would be complete without Frankincense. Use this one if you like an oil with an earthy, uplifting aroma and the power to reduce the appearance of uneven skin tones. With Frankincense, a fresh, dewy glow is only an essential oil bottle away!
BTW, it’s in this product: ART® Gentle Cleanser
4. Grapefruit Citrus lovers, unite! Our cold-pressed Grapefruit essential oil is a treat for the senses and the skin. Add this citrusy oil to your favorite skin care products to enjoy its sweet, invigorating scent as you cleanse. As an added bonus, you’ll also enjoy silky, soft, smooth-looking skin.*
5. Orange As surprising as it seems, you can use Orange essential oil for oily skin. Apply Orange to oily areas, including that pesky T-zone, before bed and see if you don’t wake up with skin that appears smoother and more balanced. Your baby-soft skin will thank you for using this citrusy oil.*
BTW, it’s in this product: Charcoal Bar Soap
6. Blue Tansy Meet your nighttime routine’s new best friend! Like a true best friend, Blue Tansy is all about making you feel your best. As your skin care sidekick, this essential oil is all about helping reduce the appearance of blemishes while it cleanses and beautifies the skin. Make sure to dilute it though! Its rich, blue color is beautiful in the bottle but might leave a mark if you apply it undiluted.
If reducing the appearance of blemishes is high on your skin care to-do list, try these tips for treating acne. Follow up those treatments with an essential oil cleanse for truly timeless-looking skin!
Which of these essential oils will make an appearance in your skin care routine? Let us know in the comments!
*Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying this product.
Leave a Reply.