With their natural ability to support the appearance of youthful, radiant looking skin, reduce the appearance of blemishes, and smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, essential oils need to be a part of your daily beauty routine! Essential oils have been used in beauty routines around the world for centuries and it’s time you start taking advantage of their many powerful benefits. Unlike skin care products that rely on harsh and synthetic ingredients, essential oils use their natural properties to brighten, smooth, and moisturize the appearance of skin in a way that leaves you feeling perfectly pampered. These are a few of our favorite oils for beautiful skin, but there are many other oils that have powerful benefits as well!
Lavender is known for its relaxing aroma that can calm the body and mind. These soothing properties can also benefit the skin! Soothe and nourish all skin types by adding Lavender essential oil to your favorite moisturizer to reduce the appearance of blemishes and enhance the appearance of a youthful complexion. Lavender also cleanses and soothes minor skin irritations, supports aging skin, and does wonders when applied to the skin after a day in the sun. Simply dilute with a carrier oil and apply to the desired area. No one should be without Lavender!
Frankincense is a beauty powerhouse because it works wonders for all skin types! Frankincense can help with the appearance of toned and tightened skin, promote the appearance of healthy-looking skin, and reduce the appearance of an uneven skin tone. Help reduce the appearance of fine lines and blemishes by gently massaging anywhere skin needs a boost, aided by the lotion or carrier oil your skin loves most. Frankincense is also a key ingredient in many of Young Living’s skin care products because of its powerful properties.
Enhance your natural glow with Copaiba! Add a few drops to your skin care routine for an extra boost of brilliance to moisturize, comfort, and support radiant-looking skin. Try mixing a few drops of Blue Tansy and Copaiba in your favorite beauty product for a luminous, youthful glow!
The days of sacrificing softness for clean skin are over! By using Tea Tree oil and oil infused products, you can cleanse and moisturize at the same time! The purifying properties of this essential oil make it one of our top picks, especially for those who have oily or blemish-prone skin. Try applying 1 drop to a cotton swab and use it as a spot treatment to help reduce the appearance of bothersome blemishes! Add Tea Tree oil to your homemade soap recipes to benefit from the oil’s cleansing properties.
Geranium essential oil is a popular choice to help smooth and tone skin. This essential oil is great for all skin types, but it’s especially beneficial for skin that’s mature and dry. This sweet-smelling essential oil was used by the Egyptians to promote beautiful, radiant-looking skin and is often used in high-end perfumes and skin care products today. Add a few drops of this potent oil to your current skin care routine. You’ll find it harder to spot those uneven areas but easier to see healthier, radiant-looking skin!
Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood:
Illuminate and enhance healthy looking skin by adding Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood to your nightly skin care routine. This oil helps even and highlight your complexion while giving your face some luxurious pampering. Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood comes from the Kona Sandalwood Reforestation Project on the Big Island of Hawaii. Only dead or fallen branches are distilled in order to maintain sustainability of this precious plant.
Native to Morocco, Blue Tansy has been used traditionally in luxurious, high-end skin care products. Blue Tansy has a complex floral scent that will give you an air of exotic adventure. Blue Tansy will help reduce the appearance of blemishes while it cleanses, soothes, and beautifies the skin. Make sure to dilute it though! Its rich, blue color is beautiful in the bottle but might leave a mark if you apply it neat.
Helichrysum flowers are sometimes called Immortelle, or the Everlasting Flower, possibly because of the way its essential oil can smooth the appearance of fine lines and uneven skin tone. Add this rich, floral oil to your routine to promote the appearance of youthful, healthy-looking skin, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and to revive dull and dry skin.
Rose essential oil is one of the most cherished and loved essential oil for the skin. It is steam distilled from rose petals and takes over 5,000 pounds of rose petals to make one pint of rose essential oil! Rose is one of the best essential oils for anything skin related because it can help moisturize and revitalize skin. Add a few drops to your beauty products to support the appearance of healthy, youthful-looking skin.
Get skin that will make your friends ask what your secret is! Patchouli oil may improve the appearance of dry and dull skin, so apply 2–3 drops to your face as part of your nightly regimen for a healthy, youthful glow. Patchouli is often used in perfumes and soaps for its powerful, complex aroma. Add a few drops to your favorite skin care products to improve the appearance of dull skin.
Here are some additional ways you can use these oils for beautiful skin:
• Add 1-2 drops of essential oil to your face wash every morning for daily cleansing.
• Mix a penny-size amount of raw honey with 1 drop of oil in your hand. Massage over your face and let sit 5-10 minutes before rinsing.
• Combine ½ cup of oatmeal with 7 drops of essential oil. Stir well. To use, mix ½-1 teaspoon of your new facial wash with a little water and apply it to wet skin. Rinse thoroughly.
• Blend 1 drop of oil with 4 drops of V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and use a cotton ball to apply the solution to your freshly washed face.
• Create your own facial mist spray with 2 ounces of water and 10-20 drops of essential oil. Spritz lightly over skin for a refreshing, revitalizing effect.
• Make a DIY toner by filling a 3-ounce glass bottle with witch hazel and adding 10-15 drops of oil. Shake before applying with a cotton ball.
• Give yourself a steam facial at home! Heat 4 cups of water, pour into a bowl, and add 6 drops of your favorite skin loving essential oils. Put your face over the bowl and drape a towel over your head and the bowl. Stay there for 5-10 minutes while the steam opens your pores.
• Add a few drops of this essential oil to a DIY face mask or use it during a stress-reducing facial massage.
If essential oils aren’t a part of your skincare routine yet, they should be!
The 6 best oils to cleanse your skin.
We’ve shared the superpowers of our most popular oils; it’s time to add “cleanses the skin” to the list! Why is that a superpower? Certain essential oils have skin-cleansing properties that can help reduce the appearance of blemishes and improve the appearance of healthy- and even-looking skin, no matter the skin type. We consider that a serious superpower!
We know it sounds absurd that oils can help cleanse delicate facial skin—we usually shy away from any product that might make our skin oily. How can essential oils work as skin cleansers? Can they really cleanse and promote the appearance of healthy-looking skin? And while we’re at it, can you put essential oils directly on your skin? The answer to all these questions is a resounding YES!
How to harness the cleansing power of essential oils
Adding essential oils to your skin care routine is easier than you think! Here are a handful of ways you can use our six skin-cleansing favorites.
1. Tea Tree Tea Tree is a true multitasker—it moisturizes as it cleanses! The purifying properties of this essential oil make it one of our top picks, especially for those who have oily or blemish-prone skin. Speaking of blemishes, try applying 1 drop to a cotton swab and use it as a spot treatment to help reduce the appearance of bothersome blemishes!
BTW, it’s in this product: Maximum Strength Acne Treatment
2. Geranium Want to know the secret to beautiful, glowing skin? Geranium essential oil. A secret no longer, you can “go for the glow” at home by adding a few drops of this potent oil to your current skin care routine. You’ll find it harder to spot those uneven areas but easier to see healthier, radiant-looking skin!
3. Frankincense No skin care list would be complete without Frankincense. Use this one if you like an oil with an earthy, uplifting aroma and the power to reduce the appearance of uneven skin tones. With Frankincense, a fresh, dewy glow is only an essential oil bottle away!
BTW, it’s in this product: ART® Gentle Cleanser
4. Grapefruit Citrus lovers, unite! Our cold-pressed Grapefruit essential oil is a treat for the senses and the skin. Add this citrusy oil to your favorite skin care products to enjoy its sweet, invigorating scent as you cleanse. As an added bonus, you’ll also enjoy silky, soft, smooth-looking skin.*
5. Orange As surprising as it seems, you can use Orange essential oil for oily skin. Apply Orange to oily areas, including that pesky T-zone, before bed and see if you don’t wake up with skin that appears smoother and more balanced. Your baby-soft skin will thank you for using this citrusy oil.*
BTW, it’s in this product: Charcoal Bar Soap
6. Blue Tansy Meet your nighttime routine’s new best friend! Like a true best friend, Blue Tansy is all about making you feel your best. As your skin care sidekick, this essential oil is all about helping reduce the appearance of blemishes while it cleanses and beautifies the skin. Make sure to dilute it though! Its rich, blue color is beautiful in the bottle but might leave a mark if you apply it undiluted.
If reducing the appearance of blemishes is high on your skin care to-do list, try these tips for treating acne. Follow up those treatments with an essential oil cleanse for truly timeless-looking skin!
Which of these essential oils will make an appearance in your skin care routine? Let us know in the comments!
*Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying this product.
DIY men’s cologne
Some men live to conquer Mount Everest and wrestle polar bears, and some would rather roll down hills and make balloon animals with the kids. Whatever your day job or hobbies, this DIY men’s cologne will help you find the fragrance that captures the best version of yourself, whether that be Indiana Jones or James Bond.
Making cologne from essential oils doesn’t take an ancient discovery or a complicated heist. All you need is your favorite manly oils and a few basic supplies, listed below.
Before you get started, let’s take a look at the notes that make up a cologne.
Top notes quickly evaporate as they make initial impressions and are usually the first things you smell.
Examples: Lime, Bergamot, Juniper
Middle notes follow quickly after the top notes, tend to be mellow, and create the core of the scent.
Examples: Valor, Pine, Cypress, Stress Away
Base notes are the lingering scents that ground and complement the other notes and are what you smell at the end of the day.
Examples: Cedarwood, Sacred Sandalwood, Patchouli
1. Combine oils in the empty bottle until your essential oil blend is balanced. Aim for 30-45 drops of oil in total.
2. Once you like how the blend smells, fill the rest of the bottle with V-6.
3. Insert the roller fitment and put the cap on.
4. Print your custom label (click here to print)
5. Wrap the label around the bottle and secure with transparent tape.
6. Apply your DIY cologne to your neck and wrists.
7. Smell amazing.
Scents to Try: Whether you want to smell like an adventurer traveling the open seas or a dapper undercover agent, we have the blend for you!
For a deep and spicy scent, this rich combination adds just enough mystery.
15 drops Bergamot essential oil
8 drops Patchouli essential oil
5 drops Valor essential oil
5 drops Cedarwood essential oil
Experience a spicy kind of clean with just a hint of sweet—perfect for all undercover operations.
10 drops Sacred Sandalwood essential oil
6 drops Stress Away™ essential oil blend
6 drops Black Pepper essential oil
5 drops Vetiver essential oil
5 drops Cedarwood essential oil
Want more manly ideas? Check out Young Living’s Shutran™ line, which includes shaving and grooming products featuring natural ingredients and essential oils—formulated just for men. The Shutran blend adds hints of Lemon and Lavender to Idaho Blue Spruce and Northern Lights Black Spruce, then brings in Ylang Ylang and Hinoki to round out for the ideal scent appealing to both men and women. Use it in your DIY men’s cologne or check out these other products.
Ready to learn more essentials for him? Check out “The Essential Man: 3 Awesome Oil Life Hacks” and “Essential Oils (and More!) for Your Inner Athlete.”
No two women’s lives look the same. But whether their days are filled with ball games or ballet recitals, boardrooms or business-building, most women have one thing in common: We’re incredible. Although it’s rewarding to accomplish so much every day, it can also be exhausting. Take time to stop, relax, and pamper yourself with our essential oils for women—because you deserve it!
Women are often too familiar with monthly moodiness, so what better way to simmer down than a natural remedy? Dragon Time essential oil is a proprietary blend that features a sweet, herbaceous aroma and supports feelings of stability and calm.
Progessence Plus™ Serum helps promote relaxation, harmony, and balance—a powerful trifecta for creating a pleasant retreat from daily tasks. This plant-based product also nourishes and moisturizes skin, making it an excellent essential oil blend for women who want to look and feel great!
Fennel Vitality™ is another great essential oil for women’s health. It’s fantastic in post-meal tonics and teas for digestive support!
Lady Sclareol™ essential oil blend for women has a warm floral scent that inspires feminine feelings and provides a relaxing experience when diffused. We could all use a little relaxation in our life, right?
Grapefruit Vitality™ is a must-have essential oil for women! It offers cleansing properties and supports the lymphatic system and weight management.* Did we mention it smells like a citrus orchard breeze on a Sunday afternoon? Yum!
Boost your beauty kit with Geranium essential oil. It helps promote healthy, radiant-looking hair, and it maintains the appearance of healthy-looking skin. It’s a game changer!
How do you use Lavender Vitality?
• Place a few drops in your water in the evening to help improve sleep quality for occasional sleeplessness.*
• Add 2 drops to a vegetarian capsule to take advantage of Lavender Vitality’s cleansing and antioxidant properties.*
• Balance Lavender Vitality in savory dishes with herbs such as thyme, rosemary, and oregano.
• Combine citrus flavors with Lavender Vitality’s earthy and floral flavor for unique desserts and refreshing drinks.
• Are you a pro at making homemade jams? Lavender Vitality will give your recipe the extra burst of flavor you are looking for.
• Add a few drops of Lavender Vitality to your favorite lemonade.
• Make a homemade sweet and minty mouth spray by combining 3-5 drops of Lavender Vitality with 3-5 drops of Peppermint Vitality in a small glass spray bottle.
• Use Lavender Vitality as a supplement to ease occasional nervous tension.*
• Add it to your homemade ice cream, cake batter, frosting, tea, smoothies, or lemonade. With just 1 drop, Lavender Vitality adds a refreshing, slightly floral taste to any dish!
• Add it to savory dishes like marinades for grilled fish and veggies and vinaigrettes. There are endless possibilities when used in everyday cooking.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
What you might not know about activated charcoal will make you love our Charcoal Bar Soap!
Everyone is talking about activated charcoal, and you can find it in all kinds of products because of its versatility; but this incredible ingredient is nothing new. Its unique properties were used as early as the 1700s, and it has since been used in many applications.
What is activated charcoal?
Activated charcoal is essentially pure carbon—the natural element you learned about in fifth grade chemistry. Typical charcoal on the market is derived from slow-cooked wood. It gets “activated” by a process in which the cooked wood gets reheated at very high temperatures in the presence of natural gases such as oxygen found in the air. Young Living’s charcoal, however, is sourced from coconut shells/husks instead of wood, making it a more sustainable source.
The neat thing about charcoal is that once it gets activated, its structure turns into a very intricate and porous surface, so much so that it’s an amazing adsorbent—meaning it can bind molecules to itself very effectively. Utilizing these absorbent properties, we put together a unique formula using coconut-derived, naturally activated charcoal, along with other amazing ingredients that make the best charcoal soap bar ever created!
Our Charcoal Bar Soap’s naturally derived formula includes powerful skin-cleaning agents such as activated charcoal; moisturizing ingredients that include olive oil, wolfberry oil, jojoba oil, and aloe extract; and the bright, fresh scent of our Orange Blossom essential oil blend. This versatile bar soap can be used to cleanse and deodorize your body or included in your skin care routine to maintain a clean complexion regardless of your skin type.
Charcoal Bar Soap is:
• Formulated with skin-purifying activated charcoal derived from coconuts
• Infused with our Orange Blossom essential oil blend (Lavender, Patchouli, Rosemary, and Lemon essential oils)
• Made without sulfates, phthalates, parabens, dyes, synthetic fragrances, or preservatives
• Vegan and cruelty-free
• Perfect for combination, oily, or acne-prone skin
Charcoal Bar Soap also:
Leaves skin clean, soft, and smooth
• Cleanses excess oil without stripping the skin
• Helps maintain a clear, healthy-looking complexion
The new Savvy Minerals by Young Living® Eyeshadow Palette No. 1 is AMAZING! Each shadow is infused with coconut oil, shea butter, and lavender essential oil for velvety smooth application and easy blending and building. This palette gives you all you need in an eye shadow palette—colors that complement each other and that give multiple style options. You can easily take your eye makeup from a simple day look, to a dramatic ‘night out’ smokey eye using this palette. Since the powders are pressed, it’s convenient to take on all your Summer travels, or if you’re a busy woman, throw it in your purse and apply it on the go! The eye shadows are vegan and cruelty-free, great for sensitive skin, and made with naturally derived ingredients.