“I love Savvy Minerals by Young Living®, but I don’t get enough coverage.” How many of you have heard this or maybe thought this yourself before?
First things first, make sure you are prepping your face correctly:
1. Start by cleaning your face. Make sure to apply a toner and moisturizer. We recommend the ART® Skincare System.
2. Next, apply Sheerlumé or the ART Renewal Serum as your primer.
3. Wait 2–5 minutes for your primer to evenly soak into your skin before applying makeup.
Applying minerals to a freshly primed face makes a huge difference in coverage and how long your makeup lasts.
Next, ensure that you’re applying your mineral makeup the right way. While your skin is still slightly damp from prepping, use the Misting Spray and a foundation brush to apply foundation in a circular motion. The Misting Spray is meant to lightly wet your brush before picking up minerals and applying to your face to prevent fallout and help with a smooth application.
Tip: After applying the first layer of foundation, wait a few minutes for the mineral powder to settle into your face. If you feel like you need more coverage, apply another layer or use the concealer brush and Misting Spray to add extra coverage to small areas. Note: Misting Spray is NOT meant to spray on your face after you have applied make-up.
If you’re applying your minerals correctly and still feel like you consistently need more coverage, it’s time to take a deeper look into your skin care. Makeup should not be used to cover up underlying issues. Getting to the root cause of your acne or blemishes may help improve other areas of your life as well!
Your skin care regimen, lifestyle, and diet will make a huge impact on your skin. Your skin is your largest organ, and it’s one of the ways your body excretes toxins. Below are some tips to help support your skin on a cellular level, so you can have a smooth, radiant glow!
1. Skin care routine: It is extremely important to cleanse, tone, and moisturize your skin every morning and night. The ART skin care line is amazing and is infused with powerful essential oils and plant extracts that hydrate, cleanse, and nourish the skin. Never sleep with your makeup on, even if it is mineral makeup. We also recommend using a scrub, like the newly reformulated Satin Facial Scrub, around two times a week and follow up with a hydrating mask. Consistently taking care of your skin will show over time. Your skin cells renew every 28 days, so be patient when trying out a new product and wait at least a month for results!
2. Sleep: It’s called beauty sleep for a reason, and sleep deprivation is the No. 1 way to age yourself. During sleep, your skin rejuvenates and repairs itself. Blood circulation is boosted during sleep, which brings nutrients and oxygen to skin cells. If you have puffy eyes, a washed-out complexion, and dull skin, it’s usually a sign of not enough sleep. When you don’t get enough sleep, cortisol levels can rise, and your skin becomes inflamed and stressed. Shoot for 7–9 hours every night and add essential oils with relaxing scents to your bedtime routine, including Lavender, Valerian, Peace & Calming®, and RutaVaLa™.
3. Water: Water is essential for healthy skin. You can apply all the moisturizing creams you want, but if you’re chronically dehydrated, it will show in your face! Water helps boost your metabolism, flush out toxins, circulate nutrients throughout the body, and hydrate skin cells. Try to drink at least half your body weight in ounces every day, minimize your coffee intake, and limit your alcohol consumption. Try infusing your water with essential oils such as Lemon Vitality™, Lemongrass Vitality, and Grapefruit Vitality for a fresh taste!
4. Stress management: Do you break out more when you’re stressed? You are not alone. Stress causes your body to make hormones like cortisol, which then tell your skin glands to make more oil, and oily skin is more prone to acne and other skin problems. When you’re stressed, try doing some self-care, meditation, or yoga combined with your favorite essential oils. Some of our favorites are Stress Away™, Peace & Calming, and Northern Lights Black Spruce.
5. Work out: Exercise increases your blood oxygen and releases toxins through sweat, which leads to clearer, firmer skin. Don’t forget to wash your face with a cleanser after breaking a sweat, followed by a moisturizer appropriate for your skin type.
6. Diet: It has been suggested that acne is, at its root, an inflammatory disease. Foods like dairy, refined grains and sugars, gluten, and fast food/processed foods may contribute to inflammation. Try cleaning up your diet by eating lots of organic fruits and vegetables while limiting processed foods to give your body the vitamins and minerals it needs to fight inflammation.
7. Supplements: In addition to a healthy lifestyle, supplements can help support your skin from the inside out. Modern diets can be lacking in the vitamins and minerals our bodies need to function optimally. NingXia Red™, Sulfurzyme™, OmegaGize3™, Super C™, and Super B™ are some of our favorite supplements to support wellness. We will talk more about these supplements in another post!
Don’t use makeup as a coverup for underlying issues! Start making simple lifestyle changes and lessening the toxic load on your body. A healthy outside starts with a healthy inside!
Haley Jensen Young Living Haley Zitting Brittany Jacobson YL Chad Goodman YL Carla Belliard YL Leslie YL