Did you know that you should be washing your make up brushes at least once a month? Some experts say you should be washing them as much as one a week! Depending on how often you apply makeup, that frequency could change, but I can almost guarantee most of us women do not wash our makeup brushes nearly enough! Bacteria and dirt can build up between the bristles, and with that can come unnecessary break outs on your skin! Just think about all the product, sweat, and dirt your make up brushes come in contact with by simply applying your make up each day.. and then multiply that and overtime the results can be pretty nasty. So how do you wash your make up brushes? Here are some pointers to use—whether you are washing the Savvy Minerals brushes or not..
• Wet the bristles of your brush with lukewarm water, but avoid tipping the brush upright so that water cannot run down into the shaft of your brush. We don’t want water in the shaft! If this happens frequently enough, it can cause the bristles to become loose and fall out.
• Next, find your favorite gentle soap or shampoo—I love using Thieves Foaming Hand Soap or the Lavender Shampoo. Squirt your soap/shampoo into the palm of your hand.
• Rub the bristles of your brush in a circular motion in the soap—making sure to get all the bristles all while keeping the brush facing DOWN. You will see a lot of your make up mixing in with the soap as it rinses from the brush.
• Rinse the brush with water (again avoid getting water in the shaft) and repeat the steps if necessary. (I usually repeat until the water rinses clear instead of rinsing the color of my foundation, etc.)
• On a dry towel, rub the bristles of your brush gently back and forth to help pull out the moisture. This helps with the drying process.
• Reshape your brush to the correct shape, and lay flat. Leave out over night or until completely dry.
Ladies! Everyone go wash your brushes and start your week with a good clean brush! You’ll be amazed at how much easier your makeup applies, and you will quickly remember just how soft your brushes once were! I love cleaning my brushes—makes oil brushes feel like new!
Brittany Jacobson YL Haley Jensen Young Living Haley Zitting